Friday, September 29, 2006

Sam Ellis - Visual Story Teller

Let the introductions begin.
I'm Sam Ellis…
… the founder and Art Director for FatMan & LittleBoy COMICS.
I founded this little studio back in 2002 with my buddy Christen Schrader while we were working on a book/ series called "Then There Were THREE".
Christen moved on and went to medical school, although we are still good friends.
I went back to school myself, really to validate my life as a comic artist by getting a paper that said what I do is legite.
I graduated from the Savannah College of Art & Design with a BFA in Sequential Art, and sad robots make me happy, I really don't think there is anything really wrong with that.

I do Funny Books…
… and self published my first book back in 2004 "MissleMan's Nothing Special".
I am currently working on an ongoing series with the main character from the book.
MissleMan started out as a joke.
Dark Horse Comics was doing an online talent search (darkhorse.com/stripsearch) which prompted me to create Missleman man of missle.
I did a quick four panels one of which said BOOM and sent it off.
Needless to say it bombed, it was just like sending a dud, and MissleMan just sat on a shelf for a while.
In 2003 my pal Robert Atkins and I got a table in Artist Alley in Wizard World Chicago, this is when I decided to revamp the character.
In the spring of 2004 I released the MissleMan's Nothing Speacial through cafepress.
Which leads us back to the beginning.

Well thats enough about me for now, I might regail you with tales of the good ol' days later but for now I will turn it over to the rest of the crew.

Sam-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home