Friday, September 29, 2006

Evan Bryce - Resident Foreigner (non-local)

Hi, my name's Evan Bryce, and I'm new to the group. Sam just invited me this evening and I had to oblige. I've been into comics since I was little, and was always trying to draw superheroes in my sketchbooks and in class, much to the chagrin of my teachers. As I grew older, I had to decide whether I was going to be a psychologist or an artist. Business was out of the question because I sucked in economics. Psychology would take to long and I found out I hated listening to everybody around me. So I entered college with the dream of becoming an illustrator, only to find that it was filled with typography, a dreaded nemesis of mine. So I changed majors and hopefully I'll graduate after next semester.

Unlike the other group members, I'm based out of Texas, and I'm still in school for a non-comic related degree. I've been working in comics now for a little over a year. I began my career doing color flats on a book called the Hunger for the now defunct Speakeasy Comics, after a few issues of flatting the book changed companies to Markosia where for the graphic novel I also colored the cover, colored half of an issue, and had a 5 page story that unfortunately due to a mix-up was missing all of the text! If you actually bought the Graphic Novel and actually want the text to read, e-mail me and I'll get it to you.

Currently, I just finished pencilling, inking and doing digital watercolor-like gray tones on an 8 page, 55 panel (scary, I know) story for the Image anthology book Negative Burn. It is for December's Issue #8, so please be on the lookout. It was written by Joe Keatinge, a fine fellow I met at Heroes who works at Image. So kids, the moral of the story is, go to Heroes in Charlotte, not only will you have fun, but you'll meet talented folks that you can work with. That's why they call it networking.

I also moderate over at the Gaijin Messageboard, which is where I met Sam, as well as a lot of other fine folks. It's definitely one of the more down to earth art boards around, and a lot of well respected pros visit all the time.

This month, I've also got a table in artist's alley at the Dallas Comic Con. So if you happen to be attending, feel free to stop by and say hello. Though a lot of the time I'll be hanging out with Brian Stelfreeze. I'll be doing convention sketches, and I might have some of the sketchbooks I printed for Heroes left to sell.

Anyways, enough about me. I'm just ready to have a lot of fun. As my friends say (and I cringe) "Let's have an aesthetic experience!"...I told you...lame.

EVAN-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home